Harvest Sun Solar uses SolarEdge’s StoreEdge Solution with Backup for our solar battery backup system – Designed for new systems & older solar system retrofits
The SolarEdge StorEdge™ Solution
SolarEdge’s StorEdge™ DC coupled storage solution automatically provides homeowners with backup power in case of grid interruption, and allows home owners to maximize self-consumption for maximum energy independence. Unused PV power is stored in a battery and used during a power outage or when PV production is insufficient. When there is a power outage, a combination of PV and battery is used to power important loads such as the refrigerator, TV, lights and AC outlets, day or night. The solution is based on a single inverter for PV, storage and backup power.
StorEdge™ Solution with Backup Benefits
- DC coupled solution allows high system efficiency
- PV power is stored directly in the battery
- No additional conversions from AC to DC and back to AC
- Module-level power optimization for more power harvesting
Simple Design & Installation
- A single inverter for both PV, storage and backup power
- Outdoor installation allows flexibility in battery location
- No special wires are required -> utilizes the same PV cables
Full Visibility and Easy Maintenance
- Monitor the battery status, PV production, and self-consumption data
- Smarter energy consumption to reduce electricity bills
- Monitor battery energy levels and remaining hours of backup power
- Remote access to inverter/battery software
- PV array and battery voltage designed to reduce to a safe voltage upon AC shut down, when not in backup mode
- Integrated Rapid Shutdown functionality; low current during operation
Are you looking for a solar energy estimate for your home or business?
If you're looking for a solar energy system for your home or business, please click the button below to begin your free, no-obligation solar energy evaluation.