Harvest Sun Solar uses SolarEdge’s StoreEdge Solution with Backup for our solar battery backup system – Designed for new systems & older solar system retrofits
The SolarEdge StorEdge™ Solution
SolarEdge’s StorEdge™ DC coupled storage solution automatically provides homeowners with backup power in case of grid interruption, and allows home owners to maximize self-consumption for maximum energy independence. Unused PV power is stored in a battery and used during a power outage or when PV production is insufficient. When there is a power outage, a combination of PV and battery is used to power important loads such as the refrigerator, TV, lights and AC outlets, day or night. The solution is based on a single inverter for PV, storage and backup power.
StorEdge™ Solution with Backup Benefits
- DC coupled solution allows high system efficiency
- PV power is stored directly in the battery
- No additional conversions from AC to DC and back to AC
- Module-level power optimization for more power harvesting
Simple Design & Installation
- A single inverter for both PV, storage and backup power
- Outdoor installation allows flexibility in battery location
- No special wires are required -> utilizes the same PV cables
Full Visibility and Easy Maintenance
- Monitor the battery status, PV production, and self-consumption data
- Smarter energy consumption to reduce electricity bills
- Monitor battery energy levels and remaining hours of backup power
- Remote access to inverter/battery software
- PV array and battery voltage designed to reduce to a safe voltage upon AC shut down, when not in backup mode
- Integrated Rapid Shutdown functionality; low current during operation
Are you looking into a solar energy system for your home or business?
If you would like to know how Harvest Sun Solar can help you make the switch to solar easy and affordably, please click the button below.